In simple terms, trade finance is when an exporter requires an importer to prepay for goods shipped.
The importer naturally wants to reduce risk by asking the exporter to document that the goods have been shipped as proof.
The importer’s bank assists by providing a letter of credit to the exporter (or the exporter’s bank) providing for payment upon presentation of certain documents, such as a bill of lading.
The exporter’s bank may make a loan to the exporter on the basis of the export contract.
The MarketInvoice trade finance solution
MarketInvoice is one of the most effective trade finance companies, and is able to provide trade finance products for businesses that might not otherwise be able to get it elsewhere.
If you are a UK based exporter, MarketInvoice can provide funding against foreign debtors which traditional providers might be reluctant to commit to.
It’s quick and easy to access funds, which means you can get the cash flow you need to get on with business. With MarketInvoice, you get:
- Fast funding: quick funding decisions and set-up
- Hassle free experience: easy to use digital interface
- Help in real-time: personal customer support
- Straightforward costs: no hidden fees
- What is working capital finance?
- What is Purchase Order finance?
- What is trade finance?
- What is import finance?
- What is receivables finance?
- What is asset lending?
- What is asset finance?
- What is export finance?
- What is transport finance?
- What is recruitment finance?
- What is manufacturing finance?
- What is invoice finance
- What is factoring?
- What is spot factoring?
- What is invoice trading?
- What is invoice discounting?
- What is selective invoice discounting?
- Factoring vs invoice discounting
- The advantages and disadvantages of debt factoring
- How to compare factoring companies
- Invoice finance vs overdrafts
- Invoice finance vs business credit cards
- What is a debenture?
- What is working capital?
- What is peer-to-peer, crowdfunding and alternative finance?
- What is the Peer-to-Peer Finance Association?
- How to deal with late payment
- Top tips to improve cash flow